Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Traffic Signs Manual – new chapters published
- Tuesday March 19, 2019
The Department for Transport have published new chapters 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7 of the Traffic Signs Manual providing guidance to traffic authorities and sign designers on good practice in respect of the design and use of traffic signs in order to provide appropriate and adequate information for road users.
The Manual is published by TSO as a number of chapters each of which deals with a specific signing topic.
The new Chapters 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7 are now available in printed form from TSO (https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/). Use the search term Traffic Signs Manual.
Online (PDF) versions are available on the Departments website at this link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/traffic-signs-manual
- Chapter 1 provides a general introduction and the legislative background.
- Chapter 3 covers Regulatory Signs.
- Chapter 4 covers Warning Signs.
- Chapter 5 covers Road Markings.
- Chapter 7 covers The Design of Traffic Signs.