Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
IHE Fellows have the right to use the post nominals FIHE after your name to signify your registration with the Institute of Highway Engineers.
Suitable for: Professionals working within the industry with significant, knowledge-based experience (15 years plus)
There are two pathways to becoming an IHE Fellow:
- you’ll need 15 years engineering experience (5 years in a responsible position) OR
- you can possess IEng or CEng registration only.
Contact us if you need to discuss your unique experience for this pathway.
- Free use of the National Highway Engineering Academy
- Industry recognition of your highways sector skills and experience
- Access to a UK-wide branch network with CPD activities for members
- Access to IHE’s network of highways industry professionals
- Access to a comprehensive range of professional IHE services and resources including:
- IHE’s weekly news, events, jobs and technical e-newsletters
- One-to-one qualification advice from the IHE
- IHE’s Professional support and guidance
- IHE’s online members area featuring professional registration guidance, technical guidance, resources and branch events
- IHE’s online technical forums
- Free subscription to Highways Magazine
- Member discounts at over 5,000 businesses across the UK
- Up to 20% discount off laptops, desktops, servers, and accessories with Dell UK
Before you apply online you’ll need:
- A credit or debit card to pay the initial membership fee.
- Your recent CV to upload as part of your application form
Join today and your membership won’t expire until 31st December 2024.