IHE membership formally recognises your qualifications and industry experience.
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Join us and demonstrate your technical skills, qualifications and expertise to clients and employers. We offer membership types for highways professionals at every stage of their career.
We’ve been registering engineers and technicians with the Engineering Council since 1972 and accrediting academic courses since 1989. You can take advantage of our extensive highways experience and trained specialist advisors, by becoming a member.
Becoming an IHE member is easy. View our membership types to find out what grade is most suited to you.
- Sign up and pay online for your membership type
- Your application is received by the IHE
- IHE checks your suitability for the applied grade
- Once approved and processed you will receive your membership pack in the post
- Where appropriate, you can then use the IHE designatory letters
We aim to deal with membership applications within six weeks but in some cases, we may need to refer your application to our Membership and Qualifications Committee which meets every two months.
If you need help regarding your membership application please email firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively ring the office on 020 3551 5681 where a member of our membership team can answer your queries.