Professional Development Partnership (PDP)
Promoting closer cooperation between the institute and its partners to provide industry standard training and support for practitioners in the highways sector.
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
The Professional Development Partnership is intended to promote closer cooperation between the institute and partners so that together we can continue to provide industry standard training, promote its Highway Engineering Academy (HEA) and support practitioners in the highways sector.
Professional Development Partnerships are open to Highways Sector businesses, Local Government Authorities, Academic Institutions, Professional Engineering Institutes and other Highways interest based organisations.
Registration as a Professional Development Partner can be via
- Financial contribution,
- Support with resources or
- Member registration (10 minimum).
The Institute will discuss individual requirements with each potential partner to determine an arrangement based on ‘best value’ for both parties. By agreement the Institute can upgrade the partnership to enhanced status which provides some additional benefits.
- The appointment of a representative from the IHE who will act as your single point of contact for marketing liaison, membership and, if required, mentoring
- Invitation to IHE sponsored parliamentary events at the House of Commons with access to Ministers
- In-house meeting with staff regarding our CEng Experiential option for senior managers within the Company
- In-house ‘Career surgeries’ seminars to give advice and support to your staff on professional registration and IHE membership
- Discounts on selected IHE courses and events
- Your company showcased on the IHE website Professional Development Partners page
- Use of the IHE Professional Development Partner logo on advertising literature and website
- Logo displayed on the IHE website with a link to company’s own website
- A listing and opportunity to contribute to the IHE annual yearbook
- The opportunity to submit news items periodically, which we will promote to our 3500+ members as part of our bi-monthly e bulletins and where we can generate news on partnership activities with you, and the inclusion of news in our Highways Magazine pages – circulation over 8000 (both are subject to news being of an editorial nature rather than straightforward advertising copy)
- Complimentary copies of Highways Magazine
- An invitation to attend and sponsor key IHE events at a reduced rate and to deliver technical meetings/ demonstration events at IHE Branch level
- As the opportunities arise, invitations to partner us in producing reports & publications, participate in consultations and lobby key stakeholders. We have a very close working relationship with DfT on signing and lining. We are part of the All-Party Parliamentary Groups(APPGs) on Highways and Cycling and the Parliamentary Advisory Council for Transport Safety (PACTS)
- Publicity associated with all the above
- To work with organisations in seeking pan industry support for training and general upskilling of engineers and others active in the field of highways and transportation.
What we would ask in return from potential partners is:
- To encourage and direct appropriate staff towards the IHE in terms of membership, professional representation and EC registration
- The opportunity to partner on selected events where you deem it appropriate (for example sending an IHE representative with you to trade events, sharing a speaking platform etc)
- The opportunity to market our services to company staff in terms of membership and events (we will send you material to disseminate as you see fit)
- To add a link from your website to ours: http://theihe.org
We would very much want to develop and foster long term relationships between the IHE and organisations, which we hope would be mutually beneficial.
Individual packages can also be negotiated to suit your organisation’s requirements and we are happy to discuss this further with you. Please contact CEO, Steve Spender, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3874 3066.