Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
New Winter Services Training Course Dates Announced
- Wednesday March 22, 2023
Following a surge of demand for winter service in-house courses, we finally have dates in the diary for individual delegates to book our Professional Certificate in Winter Services training course.
Winter service has particular network management requirements during the winter period. Although it cannot be classified as an emergency service in the traditional sense as low temperatures,
snow and ice are reasonably predictable occurrences, its policies and operational plan have a high relevance in dealing with extreme weather conditions.
As part of the emergency planning process, some of the arrangements are transferable to a wide range of non weather related incidents that could affect the highway network.
The IHE Professional Certificate in Winter Services Decision Making (WSDM) provides:
• Tangible evidence to your employer and future employers of your proven competence in winter service decision making
• Independent assessment of your knowledge and performance in WSDM which stands up in court
• Access to Engineering Council registration, marking you out as a professional
For authorities and consultants the benefits include:
• Tailored comprehensive learning in winter service decision making
• Tested competence against industry-set standards
• Competitive advantages as an employer of proven competent staff.
This five-day course (split into two sessions) provides an industry benchmark and the certificate has received endorsement from the Department for Transport.
Date are now available for June, August and October. Find out more or book your place at: https://www.theihe.org/courses/winter-services-decision-making/