Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Mercia Branch CPD visit – extension to the i54 development
- Tuesday October 20, 2020
The IHE Mercia Branch visited the extension to the i54 development on 5 August. The CPD session covered the elements involved in this huge two-phase project taking place over 23 months.
The key points covered were:
- Top soil strip and removal (80,000m³)
- Archaeological excavations
- Trial holes and classification of materials
- Rock trial (2,000m²) Dig /Process / Sample
- Compaction trials with Class 1 and 2 variables
- Earthworks processes
- Cut and fill overburden
- Processing of rock onsite
- Design and build of earth bund
- Wind / Dust reduction
- Site walk and talk
The Branch would like to thank all those who attended and look forward to seeing you at their forthcoming CPD events.
Special thanks also go to AMEY, and in particular the informative guide, Site Agent Lee Norton, for a very interesting visit to this incredible site.