Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Highways Sector Council launches national Skills Survey
- Tuesday March 1, 2022
A survey designed to make highways a career of choice has been launched by the Highways Sector Council (HSC) Future Leaders Group to ensure the highways sector attracts skilled candidates from all backgrounds and retains its existing talent.
The aim of the survey is to generate a credible and independent baseline of data and evidence to:
- Explore the reasons why individuals enjoy working for the highways sector in a consolidated and coordinated way.
- Explore any barriers and how they could be addressed to fix any promotion, attraction and retention challenges at all job levels
- Identify where training is needed for digital and decarbonisation skills (e.g., by geography or another demographic).
- Better understand the needs of our current early career professionals, emerging leaders and future leaders, and how we can capitalise on this to help them further.
- Use the findings to develop a campaign that promotes highways as a career of choice.
The survey, which can be accessed here takes only five minutes to complete and all responses are completely anonymous, so please be completely open in your responses.
Please complete the survey by 11th March 2022.