Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
From Engineer to Chartered Engineer – do you have what it takes?
- Thursday May 18, 2023
Chartered Engineers demonstrate a commitment to professional standards setting you ahead of unregistered engineers and showing pride in your achievement.
- Develop appropriate solutions to engineering problems, using new or existing technologies through innovation, creativity and change.
- Might develop and apply new technologies, promote advanced designs and design methods, introduce new and more efficient techniques, marketing and construction concepts.
- Demonstrate a personal and professional commitment to society, to their profession, and to the environment.
- Pioneer new engineering services and management methods.
- Exercise effective interpersonal skills.
- Are technical and commercial leaders.
Who can become a Chartered Engineer?
Anyone who meets the competence and responsibility standards can become a Chartered Engineer.
Network managers, traffic engineers, transport planners, highway designers and project managers are all examples of typical chartered level positions.
Many will have an accredited BEng (Hons) + MSc or accredited MEng degree. Others will have gained the necessary skills, knowledge and experience via a non-academic route through
practical experience in the highways industry.
How to apply
For 2023 the IHE has waived the fees for IHE members to gain their Professional Registration. If you are interested in learning more about CEng, you can click here or email
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
There is no better time to apply than NOW.