Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Become a Chartered IT Professional for FREE in 2023
- Wednesday March 22, 2023
The IHE is licensed by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, to award registration as a Chartered IT Professional (CITP) – the independent standard of competence and professionalism in the technology industry.
By gaining CITP you can:
• benchmark your knowledge and skills against the recognised industry standard
• demonstrate your current competence to clients and employers
• set yourself apart as a highly skilled IT professional with a place on the public CITP register
• help raise the profile of your profession and play a part in shaping its development.
To gain BCS professional registration, engineers prove their competence and commitment in a professional review of their portfolio submission and by virtual interview. Anyone who meets the competence and responsibility standards can become a CITP – there’s a route to suit all competent engineers.
What happens when I achieve CITP registration?
• Public register – confirm your place among the most influential IT professionals in the industry by appearing in the public register of chartered IT Professionals
• Certificate of current competence – on registration, you’re awarded a certificate of current competence, which is valid for five years. To extend your certificate after the initial five-year period, you’ll be invited to submit evidence of your CPD and continued competence in your specialist area
• Get involved – your knowledge, experience and opinion are valuable commodities, which you can invest in BCS to support your CPD as well as the development of our industry.
• Mentoring network: Inspiring another person and seeing them progress and benefit from your knowledge and insight is a hugely rewarding experience.
• Volunteering: Grow your professional network, and the profile of your field, by taking an active role in the running of our membership community.
How to apply
For 2023, the IHE has waived the fees for IHE members to gain their professional registration and this also applies to CITP. If you are interested in learning more about CITP, you can visit our website at www.theihe.org/ professional-registration/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. There is no better time to apply than NOW!