Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Ahead of the IT crowd with RITTech Registration
- Friday October 20, 2023
The IHE is licensed by the British Computer Society (BCS) to award professional registration for IT Technicians (RITTech).
By gaining RITTech you can validate your technical skills, benchmark yourself against the industry and begin your journey towards chartered status.
- recognises the talents and contributions of those who design, build and maintain our digital world
- sets the industry standard for technical skills and conduct, recognising and validating your competence in just seven letters
- earns you a place on an independent public register, demonstrating that you are a trusted professional
- sets you on the same skills framework as Chartered IT Professional (CITP) registration
- signals that you are committed to meeting the highest standards in your work
- lets employers see that you are engaged in the tech industry, and keen to develop your career.
Is it for me?
To gain BCS professional registration, technicians prove their competence and commitment in a professional review of their portfolio submission. Anyone who meets the competence and responsibility standards can become RITTech – there’s a route to suit all competent technicians.
Typically, you will have been working in digital industries for a few years. There is not a prescriptive timeframe, but it is estimated that you’ll need to have at least a year of experience working in the field (and most registrants will have more). It’s current competence that matters – a threshold of quality you’ve crossed and can actively demonstrate.
RITTech recognises people doing a technical job well, while also demonstrating professional behaviours, attitude and value. It’s an independent standard of current competence and commitment to quality for those who earn it, the employer they work for and the customers they deliver to.
To find out more or to apply visit: https://www.theihe.org/professional-registration/rittech/