Chartered IT Professional (CITP)
Chartered IT Professional is the independent standard of competence and professionalism in the technology industry
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
In addition to Engineering Council registration, the IHE is licensed by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, to award Registration for Chartered IT Professional (CITP).
Benefits of becoming a Chartered IT Professional:
|Benchmark your knowledge and skills against the recognised industry standard||Demonstrate your current competence to clients and employers, and the value you bring|
|Set yourself apart as a highly-skilled IT professional with a place on the public CITP register||Help to raise the profile of your profession and play a part in shaping its development|
Is it for me?
To gain BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT) professional registration, engineers prove their competence and commitment in a professional review of their portfolio submission and by virtual interview.
Anyone who meets the competence and responsibility standards can become a CITP – there’s a route to suit all competent engineers.
You’re ready to become CITP if you are:
- engaged in challenging and complex activities across the business.
- in a position of influence and responsibility.
- committed to continuing your professional development.
How to apply
The British Computer Society (BCS) will undertake assessment on behalf of the IHE. However, the IHE will collect your payment and issue your certificate. To get started read the guidance document below, fill in the application form and submit it to the IHE. Once received, the IHE your application will be assessed and we will contact you in due course on how to proceed.
|CITP Guidance Notes (.pdf)||Log in to access the
What does it cost?
One-Off Application Fee – £250 (FREE in 2023)
Annual CITP Registration Subscription – £45 (FREE in 2023)
If you are considering going forward for your Professional Review, there’s no better time than now as the IHE are offering free Professional Reviews for any member wishing to undertake them during 2023. All of our fees can be found on our website by clicking here.
The application fee will not be refunded if you withdraw your application or you do not supply enough information for your application to be assessed.
What happens when I achieve CITP registration?
- Public register – Confirm your place among the most influential IT professionals in the industry by appearing in the public register of Chartered IT Professionals
- Certificate of current competence – On registration, you’re awarded a certificate of current competence which is valid for five years. To extend your certificate after the initial five-year period, you’ll be invited to submit evidence of your CPD and continued competence in your specialist area.
- Get involved – Your knowledge, experience and opinion are valuable commodities which you can invest in BCS to support your CPD as well as the development of our industry.
- Mentoring network – inspiring another person and seeing them progress and benefit from your knowledge and insight is a hugely rewarding experience.
- Volunteering – grow your professional network, and the profile of your field, by taking an active role in the running of our membership community.
What are the submission deadlines?
The deadlines for your Professional Review submission can be found here.
If you have any questions or are unsure of how to proceed please contact us by emailing ProfessionalReviews@theihe.org.
Apply for CITP
I’m an IHE Member
If you are an IHE Member, you can log in to the members area to start your application.
I’m not an IHE Member
To apply for CITP, you’ll need to be an IHE member.