IHE members have the right to use the post nominals MIHE after your name to signify your registration with the Institute of Highway Engineers.
Professionals working within the industry with knowledge based experience
There are three pathways to becoming an IHE Member: you’ll need relevant engineering qualifications AND 2 years engineering experience, you can also have 10 years experience (with 3 years in a responsible position) or, you can possess EngTech registration only. Contact us if you need to discuss your unique mix of education and/or experience for this pathway.
- Free use of the National Highway Engineering Academy
- Industry recognition of your highways sector skills and experience
- Access to a UK-wide branch network with CPD activities for members
- Access to IHE’s network of highways industry professionals
- Access to a comprehensive range of professional IHE services and resources including:
- IHE’s bi-monthly highways news and technical e-newsletters
- One-to-one qualification advice from the IHE
- IHE’s Professional support and guidance
- IHE’s online members area featuring technical guidance, resources and branch events
- IHE’s online technical forums
- Free subscription to Highways Magazine
- Member discounts at over 5,000 businesses across the UK
Before you apply online you’ll need:
- A credit or debit card to pay the joining fee.
- Your recent CV to upload as part of your application form