Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
IStructE: Structural Rehabilitation Conference
|Dates||Location||Cost (ex VAT)|
|Thu 08 Dec 2022||IStructE HQ and online||In-person from £199 + VAT, Online from £155 + VAT, Student from £39 + VAT||Book now|
Ensuring ageing transport infrastructure is maintained safely is a complex challenge and needs advanced structural engineering expertise. The implications of an asset needing repair or replacement are vast and wide-reaching.
Sessions will focus on best practice in assessment, diagnostics, monitoring and strengthening to extend the life of existing infrastructure. Topics will be explored through a mix of case studies, technical presentations and group discussion.
The programme features presentations on:
- Inspection of tunnels using high resolution photography and lasers
- Using digital technology and machine learning to redefine inspections
- Structural reliability and probability-based assessment
- Sophisticated structural analysis methods to maximise retention of existing railway gantries
- Managing Cast Iron Assets – innovative and alternative solutions
- Case studies: rehabilitation of post-tensioned box girder bridges
The conference will take place as a hybrid event. Delegates can register to attend in-person at the Institution’s London headquarters or online and enjoy the same opportunities for networking and interaction.
Who should attend?
- Practicing structural engineers primarily working on bridges and infrastructure projects
- Asset and estate managers
- Contractors and consultants
Networking and interactivity
Join us on online on our cutting edge hybrid conference platform for an interactive, exciting e-experience. Integrated with Zoom, the platform enables:
- Online Q&A and chat for every session
- Dedicated face-to-face networking sessions: take your seat at an online “table”, discuss the presentations, network and meet your peers
- Access to all content for both in-person and online attendees once the conference is over: all presentations are recorded and available on-demand for 3 months