Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
RSTA Skid Resistance – 2 Day Course
- CPD Value: This event is awarded 14 CPD hours
|Cost (ex VAT)
|Tue 23 Apr 2024 - Wed 24 Apr 2024
|£495. IHE members are entitled to a 10% discount. Proof of membership will be required.
This two-day course from our Professional Development Partner, RSTA, together with XAIS Asset Management, will help staff gain a competency and be able to demonstrate competency to auditors.
All Local Authorities are required to manage their road maintenance programmes in line with the Code of Practice “Well Managed Highway Infrastructure” which promotes the adoption of an integrated asset management approach delivered by competent staff. In section B.5.6.2 the code specifically states that Authorities will need to define “competence levels of staff to set or approve Investigatory Levels” and that “each site investigation should be undertaken or led by suitably competent personnel”.
By attending the course, delegates will:
- learn how to develop a hierarchy for their road network
- develop the skills needed to identify appropriate risks
- gain a complete understanding of the entire skid analysis process – including insight into the award-winning LASR Approach methodology
- know what information to collect in order to identify and prioritise the appropriate action
- understand the availability and suitability of different treatments/materials
- understand the implications of using different solutions
- understand the key elements of maximising best value and minimising whole life costs.