IHE Branch Event
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Online: An Overview of Highway Capacity Manual 7th Edition
- CPD Value: This event is awarded 1 CPD Hour
|Cost (ex VAT)
|Tue 06 Feb 2024
|Online via MS Teams
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
UK – 15:30hrs – 16:30hrs
Doha -18:30hrs – 19:30hrs
The IHE Middle East Branch would like to invite you to their online technical CPD webinar on Tuesday 6th February 2024.
This presentation will provide an overview of the changes in the Highway Capacity Manual 7th Edition, published in 2022. For the first time, the HCM will now present methods to evaluate planning-level effects of connected and automated vehicles (CAVs) in the capacity of freeways, signalized intersections, and roundabouts. This feature provides agencies with a standardised method to develop their long-range transportation plans to account for the deployment of CAVs in the next decades.
The HCM 7th Edition also includes the following methodological updates:
- A new methodology to analyse Two-Lane Highways
- A new methodology to evaluate corridors with freeways and urban street elements, including interactions between different facilities such as ramp queue spillback
- An upgraded methodology to determine Pedestrian Level of Service for signalized intersections, two-way stop-controlled intersections, and urban street segments
- Methodological changes to the two-way stop-controlled intersections to provide a more accurate LOS for minor street approaches.
Presenter – Fabio Sasahara PhD PMP, Associate Director, McTrans Center, University of Florida
Fabio Sasahara, PhD, PMP is an Associate Director at McTrans Center at the University of Florida, with extensive experience in applying and developing HCM methods. At McTrans Center, he leads training programs on the Highway Capacity Manual and Highway Capacity Software. Before joining McTrans, he obtained his PhD degree at University of Florida developing research on HCM methods.
Fabio is actively involved with the Highway Capacity and Quality of Service Committee at TRB (Transportation Research Board), where he currently serves as the User Liaison Lead. Fabio is also actively involved with the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) at local and international levels; and he is the faculty advisor at the University of Florida ITE student chapter.
You must register with the IHE to attend the webinar using the ‘register’ button above.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org