IHE Branch Event
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Online: The Future of Highways Health, Safety & Quality
- CPD Value: This event is awarded 1 CPD Hour
|Dates||Location||Cost (ex VAT)|
|Wed 30 Nov 2022||Online via Teams||FREE||Book now|
Times – 12-1pm
In this joint webinar, hosted by CIHT North West and the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE), Melanie Clarke, Health, Safety & Wellbeing Director, National Highways, will discuss planning for accessibility & inclusion – making sure no road user gets left behind.
The presentation will cover:
- Understanding diverse road user needs – creating a strategy for all
- Focus on disabled and vulnerable road users
- Engaging and involving users in improving road design, operation and contact and information services
- Designing for access and inclusion from the outset
- Delivering better, safer experiences
Why you can’t miss the event
- Increase your understanding of planning for accessibility & inclusion
- Gain essential insight into the key challenges and issues
- Take part in the Q&A session This event is approved for CPD by CIHT and the IHE
Who is the event for?
This webinar open to both members and non-members of CIHT and IHE. It will be of particular interest to roads authorities; designers and planners; customer service providers.
Melanie Clarke, Health, Safety & Wellbeing Director, National Highways
Melanie Clarke, National Highways, started her career in National Highways as an Operations Manager where she helped establish the traffic operation in the West Midlands. As her career progressed she led in national operational roles, including acting as Executive Director for customer operations and leading the 365 day 24/7 national traffic operation. Mel also sponsored the continued professional development of the customer experience group, delivering the company’s first externally published Customer Service strategy and taking up appointment as Customer Service Director, responsible for making sure that roads and services are designed and delivered with the road user and communities at the heart of corporate decision making. In 2022 Mel was appointed as National Highways Health Safety & Wellbeing Director.
If you have a question please contact email@example.com.
To book visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1660858919938316560