Professional Certificates and Diplomas
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Transport Development Management
- CPD Value: This course is awarded 24 CPD hours (4 day)
|Code||Dates||Location||Type||Cost (ex VAT)|
|TDM2101|| Part one: 04-05 May 21
Part two: 15-16 Jun 21
3 Brindley Place
IHE Members £1,750
Development Management is an important part of the planning process and is assuming greater professional and political significance in delivering and managing the sustainable communities’ agenda. It is a function which ensures that any new development has the minimum adverse impact on highway safety, traffic capacity, environmental capacity and convenience to transport users as a whole.
IHE’s Transport Development management course is the only one in the UK designed specifically for transport practitioners working in Development Management roles and leads to the IHE Professional Certificate/Diploma in DM.
The course delivers learning across the wide diversity of subjects a Development Management Practitioner requires, in both the private and public fields of work, which are assessed through assignments leading to a DM Foundation Certificate.
The course has been updated to ensure the latest government changes with regards to national planning policy, S106 contributions and sustainable drainage systems are fully covered.
Attending the Course
Delegates attend two sessions of two days each and complete four assignments, each of which demands around three days preparation at work or in their own time. Line managers are expected to mentor and support their staff.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance with CPD just for attending the course.
Achieving the Certificate or Diploma
If you wish to go on to gain the Professional Certificate or Diploma then you will need to submit an Individual Portfolio of Evidence, which documents how you have achieved the competencies required. Click here to view the guidance document and application form. Please note: the fee to submit your application is included in the cost of the course.
Achieving Professional Registration
In addition, courses have an additional day set aside to make an application for EngTech Professional Registration.
If you have any questions regarding the course email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of our training is delivered throughout the year in the clean, contemporary setting of our Birmingham office space and meeting rooms. This centrally located venue in Birmingham Brindleyplace give excellent connectivity across the UK.
Training is also run at:
- our main IHE London office in Euston Tower, Euston Road
- Conference Aston, Birmingham B4 7ET, and
- in Edinburgh at 7/9 North St Davids Street, EH2 1AW.
Please check the location under your specific course to find out where your course is run.
Health and Safety Procedures for Brindleyplace, Birmingham following Covid-19
We are recommencing our training courses at Brindleyplace, Birmingham from October 2020 and have put the following procedures in place for your health and safety:
- The capacity of the training room has been reduced by 50% so there will be a maximum of 10/11 delegates on the courses.
- 2m social distancing and one way systems will be in force.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers and wipes will be in place throughout the building and in the training rooms and foot operated sanitiser stations will also be available.
- We will be required to book visitors attending courses prior to the training, providing your name, surname and email address.
- Meeting rooms will be fully cleaned and disinfected daily after each event.
- Operatives will be working in the centre throughout the day and will continuously clean all touch points.
The IHE is committed to the safety and well being of our delegates and will make every effort to offer any additional support as required.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the meeting will incur a 50% charge. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at the full delegate rate. You can of course send replacement delegates.