Professional Certificates and Diplomas
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Road Safety Engineering
- CPD Value: This course is awarded 24 CPD hours
|Code||Dates||Location||Type||Cost (ex VAT)|
IHE Members £1,750
COVID-19 Please read our latest update: http://theihe.org/coronavirus-advice/
The role of the Road Safety Engineer could be considered a complex role which covers a multitude of disciplines within the field of traffic and transportation. Despite the niche role a Road Safety Engineer holds, there has been a lack of any specific formal qualification which the practitioner can undertake to demonstrate their experience and knowledge. The IHE recognises this shortfall and this course offers the opportunity for the Road Safety Engineer to expand their knowledge and demonstrate their competency in all aspects of road safety engineering.
- Road Safety Engineering Basic Principles
- Health and Safety/CDM
- Collision Data, Analysis and Scheme Identification
- Highway design and Traffic Engineering
- Education, Information, Training and Publicity
- Monitoring/Post Opening Performance Evaluation
- Road Safety Policy, Targets, Requirements and Advice, Best Practice Guidance Documents
- Economics and Funding
- Legal Issues in Road Safety
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Inspections
- Road Safety Audit
Attending the Course
Delegates attend two sessions (4 days in total) and complete assignments, practical activities and an end of course assessment.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance with CPD just for attending the course.
Achieving the Certificate or Diploma
If you wish to go on to gain the Professional Certificate or Diploma then you will need to submit an Individual Portfolio of Evidence, which documents how you have achieved the competencies required. Click here to view the guidance document and application form. Please note: the fee to submit your application is included in the cost of the course.
Achieving Professional Registration
In addition, courses have an additional day set aside to make an application for EngTech Professional Registration.
If you have any questions regarding the course email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of our training is delivered throughout the year in the clean, contemporary setting of our Birmingham office space and meeting rooms. This centrally located venue in Birmingham Brindleyplace give excellent connectivity across the UK.
Training is also run at:
- our main IHE London office in Euston Tower, Euston Road
- Conference Aston, Birmingham B4 7ET, and
- in Edinburgh at 7/9 North St Davids Street, EH2 1AW.
Please check the location under your specific course to find out where your course is run.
Health and Safety Procedures for Brindleyplace, Birmingham following Covid-19
We are recommencing our training courses at Brindleyplace, Birmingham from October 2020 and have put the following procedures in place for your health and safety:
- The capacity of the training room has been reduced by 50% so there will be a maximum of 10/11 delegates on the courses.
- 2m social distancing and one way systems will be in force.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers and wipes will be in place throughout the building and in the training rooms and foot operated sanitiser stations will also be available.
- We will be required to book visitors attending courses prior to the training, providing your name, surname and email address.
- Meeting rooms will be fully cleaned and disinfected daily after each event.
- Operatives will be working in the centre throughout the day and will continuously clean all touch points.
The IHE is committed to the safety and well being of our delegates and will make every effort to offer any additional support as required.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the meeting will incur a 50% charge. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at the full delegate rate. You can of course send replacement delegates.