Professional Certificates and Diplomas
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
- CPD Value: This course is awarded 24 CPD hours.
|Code||Dates||Location||Type||Cost (ex VAT)|
|HM2101||Coming soon||Birmingham||Non Residential||
IHE Members £1,750
Highway maintenance has seen a sharp rise in public awareness over recent years and the effects of austerity, maintenance backlogs and extreme weather have all contributed to the rising profile of the highway maintenance sector. Never has the requirement and expectation of efficient highway maintenance engineering been higher on the agenda of the travelling public.
This course, leading to the Professional Certificate/Diploma, offers the opportunity for those with appropriate maintenance engineering experience to expand upon their knowledge and demonstrate their competence in this increasingly important area.
This is a four day non residential course.
- Highway Maintenance specifications and Codes of Practice
- Asset Management systems and principles
- Health and Safety legislation and responsibilities including Temporary Traffic Management
- Highway law, legal duties and powers relating to Highway Maintenance
- Structural maintenance materials, techniques and considerations
- Highway Inspections
- Reactive and planned maintenance techniques
- Bituminous materials use and considerations
- Surface dressing, thin surfacing and slurry seal design and application
- Failure identification and remedial treatments
- Maintenance contract management, quantity surveying and administration
- Drainage, flood risk and environmental & landscape maintenance
- Sustainable and innovative highway maintenance techniques
- Soil and materials sampling, performance and testing practice
Attending the Course
Delegates attend two sessions (4 days in total) and complete assignments, practical activities and an end of course assessment.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance with CPD just for attending the course.
Achieving the Certificate or Diploma
If you wish to go on to gain the Professional Certificate or Diploma then you will need to submit an Individual Portfolio of Evidence, which documents how you have achieved the competencies required. Click here to view the guidance document and application form. Please note: the fee to submit your application is included in the cost of the course.
Achieving Professional Registration
In addition, courses have an additional day set aside to make an application for EngTech Professional Registration.
If you have any questions regarding the course email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of our training is delivered throughout the year in the clean, contemporary setting of our Birmingham office space and meeting rooms. This centrally located venue in Birmingham Brindleyplace give excellent connectivity across the UK.
Training is also run at:
- our main IHE London office in Euston Tower, Euston Road
- Conference Aston, Birmingham B4 7ET, and
- in Edinburgh at 7/9 North St Davids Street, EH2 1AW.
Please check the location under your specific course to find out where your course is run.
Health and Safety Procedures for Brindleyplace, Birmingham following Covid-19
We are recommencing our training courses at Brindleyplace, Birmingham from October 2020 and have put the following procedures in place for your health and safety:
- The capacity of the training room has been reduced by 50% so there will be a maximum of 10/11 delegates on the courses.
- 2m social distancing and one way systems will be in force.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers and wipes will be in place throughout the building and in the training rooms and foot operated sanitiser stations will also be available.
- We will be required to book visitors attending courses prior to the training, providing your name, surname and email address.
- Meeting rooms will be fully cleaned and disinfected daily after each event.
- Operatives will be working in the centre throughout the day and will continuously clean all touch points.
The IHE is committed to the safety and well being of our delegates and will make every effort to offer any additional support as required.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the meeting will incur a 50% charge. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at the full delegate rate. You can of course send replacement delegates.