One Day Course
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Highway Law: Principles and Practice
- CPD Value: This course is awarded 6 CPD hours.
|Code||Dates||Location||Type||Cost (ex VAT)|
|HL2101||Coming soon||Non Residential||
IHE Members £395
COVID-19 Please read our latest update: http://theihe.org/coronavirus-advice/
This course provides an interactive general guide to highway law for Highway Engineers working in all spheres but it will be of particular interest to those in Maintenance, Design, Development Management and Public Rights of Way. Practical examples of different problems arising from the law will be addressed, including those from delegates if prior notification is given.
This course will be run on a flexible basis in relation to the particular interests of delegates and questions raised, with opportunities for discussion and a closing Question & Answer session.
- About Highways – History, legal theory (such as Dedication/Adoption), ownership limits, lawful use drainage, trees, retaining walls
- Liabilities and Controls – Maintenance duties and liabilities, Protection – duties and powers development, inc. agreements, Traffic Management, NRSWA
- Network Changes – CPO/SRO process for new/improved highways creation, extinguishment, diversion private streets, APC, accesses
- Public Rights of Way – Definitive map, modification, specific issues
Most of our training is delivered throughout the year in the clean, contemporary setting of our Birmingham office space and meeting rooms. This centrally located venue in Birmingham Brindleyplace give excellent connectivity across the UK.
Training is also run at:
- our main IHE London office in Euston Tower, Euston Road
- Conference Aston, Birmingham B4 7ET, and
- in Edinburgh at 7/9 North St Davids Street, EH2 1AW.
Please check the location under your specific course to find out where your course is run.
Health and Safety Procedures for Brindleyplace, Birmingham following Covid-19
We are recommencing our training courses at Brindleyplace, Birmingham from October 2020 and have put the following procedures in place for your health and safety:
- The capacity of the training room has been reduced by 50% so there will be a maximum of 10/11 delegates on the courses.
- 2m social distancing and one way systems will be in force.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers and wipes will be in place throughout the building and in the training rooms and foot operated sanitiser stations will also be available.
- We will be required to book visitors attending courses prior to the training, providing your name, surname and email address.
- Meeting rooms will be fully cleaned and disinfected daily after each event.
- Operatives will be working in the centre throughout the day and will continuously clean all touch points.
The IHE is committed to the safety and well being of our delegates and will make every effort to offer any additional support as required.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the meeting will incur a 50% charge. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at the full delegate rate. You can of course send replacement delegates.