One Day Course
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
Highway Law: Principles and Practice
- CPD Value: This course is awarded 6 CPD hours.
|Code||Dates||Location||Type||Cost (ex VAT)|
|HL2102|| 17 Nov 21
||2 Snow Hill
9.30am - 4.30pm
|Face to Face||
IHE Members £395
This course provides a general introduction to highway law for Highway Engineers working in all spheres but it will be of particular interest to those in Maintenance, Design, Development Management and Public Rights of Way. Practical examples of different problems arising from the law will be addressed, including those from delegates if prior notification is given.
This course can be run on a flexible basis in relation to the particular interests of delegates and questions raised in advance. It will be delivered online with opportunities for discussion and a closing Question & Answer session.
Course Content will include
- About Highways– History, legal theory (such as Dedication/Adoption), classes, ownership, boundaries, lawful use, drainage, trees, retaining walls, private streets, Advance Payment Code, highway accesses
- Liabilities and Controls– Maintenance duties and liabilities, protection ( duties and powers), development inc. planning and highways agreements, Traffic Management, NRSWA
- Network Changes– CPO/SRO process for new/improved highways creation, extinguishment, diversion
- Public Rights of Way– Definitive Map, inc. alteration by modification, specific requirements
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the meeting will incur a 50% charge. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at the full delegate rate. You can of course send replacement delegates.