Professional Certificates and Diplomas
Joining the IHE is easy using our new online application processJoin us now
- CPD Value: This course is awarded 24 CPD hours
|Code||Dates||Location||Type||Cost (ex VAT)|
|AM2101|| Part one: 12-13 Oct 21
Part two: 16-17 Nov 21
|3 Brindley Place
IHE Members £1,995
COVID-19 Please read our latest update: http://theihe.org/coronavirus-advice/
Asset Management enables an organisation to examine the need for, and performance of, assets and asset systems at different levels. Additionally, it enables the application of analytical approaches towards managing an asset over the different stages of its life cycle (which can start with the conception of the need for the asset, through to its disposal, and includes the managing of any potential post disposal liabilities).
The Professional Certificate or Professional Diploma provides an opportunity for those with experience in the management of highway assets to expand their knowledge of this increasingly important area and demonstrate their competence.
This four day course leading to the Professional Certificate in Asset Management is designed for Engineers and Technicians who currently are in, or aspire to take, a Highways Asset Engineer/Manager role; or for Asset Management Professionals.
As part of this course you will be expected to complete case studies and small assignments.
The programme consists of a 30 hour technical training course with individual sessions and end of course assessments.
The course will be administered in two parts, each comprising two consecutive days of training. Candidates wishing to follow the course route for attaining the Certificate or Diploma should attend all four days of taught training.
- Highway Law, Ownership, legal obligations
- The risk based approach
- Governance and strategy
- Information & Data
- Inspections and National KPIs
- Network Prioritisation, risk management and resilience
- Funding & lifecycle planning
- Customers and communications
- Sustainability and asset preservation
- Performance monitoring
- Operational performance and procurement
- New and emerging technology
Attending the Course
Delegates attend two sessions (4 days in total) and complete assignments, practical activities and an end of course assessment.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance with CPD just for attending the course.
Achieving the Certificate or Diploma
If you wish to go on to gain the Professional Certificate or Diploma then you will need to submit an Individual Portfolio of Evidence, which documents how you have achieved the competencies required. Click here to view the guidance document and application form. Please note: the fee to submit your application is included in the cost of the course.
Achieving Professional Registration
In addition, courses have an additional day set aside to make an application for EngTech Professional Registration.
If you have any questions regarding the course email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of our training is delivered throughout the year in the clean, contemporary setting of our Birmingham office space and meeting rooms. This centrally located venue in Birmingham Brindleyplace give excellent connectivity across the UK.
Training is also run at:
- our main IHE London office in Euston Tower, Euston Road
- Conference Aston, Birmingham B4 7ET, and
- in Edinburgh at 7/9 North St Davids Street, EH2 1AW.
Please check the location under your specific course to find out where your course is run.
Health and Safety Procedures for Brindleyplace, Birmingham following Covid-19
We are recommencing our training courses at Brindleyplace, Birmingham from October 2020 and have put the following procedures in place for your health and safety:
- The capacity of the training room has been reduced by 50% so there will be a maximum of 10/11 delegates on the courses.
- 2m social distancing and one way systems will be in force.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers and wipes will be in place throughout the building and in the training rooms and foot operated sanitiser stations will also be available.
- We will be required to book visitors attending courses prior to the training, providing your name, surname and email address.
- Meeting rooms will be fully cleaned and disinfected daily after each event.
- Operatives will be working in the centre throughout the day and will continuously clean all touch points.
The IHE is committed to the safety and well being of our delegates and will make every effort to offer any additional support as required.
Terms & Conditions
Cancellations made less than 21 days before the meeting will incur a 50% charge. Any cancellations made within 10 days of the event will be charged at the full delegate rate. You can of course send replacement delegates.