Continuing Professional Development

September 18, 2017

From January 2017 the Engineering Council requires all Professional Engineering Institutions to undertake random sampling of their professionally registered members’ Continuing Professional Development (CPD).

The Institute of Highway Engineers will be shortly conducting its CPD audit for 2017 and our professionally registered (EngTech, IEng or CEng) members of the Institute may be asked to provide a CPD record covering their activity during 2016. Therefore, if you’re professionally registered and you are ‘professionally active’ in the engineering profession you may be contacted and asked to supply a CPD record.

If you need any help in logging your CPD a guidance booklet can be found in the IHE member’s area, along with blank template forms for you to use if you wish. The IHE also operates a licence for the Engineering Council’s Mycareerpath tool. This can be accessed through your IHE member profile via the tabs at the top of your profile (Quick Links – Professional Development)

If you have any queries or need any assistance, the IHE Membership team will be pleased to assist and can be contacted by emailing

Media Enquiries