Bridges & structures
- The Cycle Proofing Working Group: advises the Department for Transport, public bodies, government departments and devolved agencies on cycle proofing policy.
Design and construction
Regeneration and development improvements
- APPG Highways Maintenance Report: managing a valuable asset.
- IHE Guidelines for Motorcycling: guidelines for highways engineers and road safety professionals to encourage greater awareness of the needs of powered two-wheelers and effective interventions to improve safety.
- Space to Park Report 2014: report produced as part of the Space to Park research project.
Private street works
Project management and administration
Road safety, AIP
- Road Safety Foundation Eurorap 2013: measuring to manage – tracking the safety of Britain’s major road network.
- Road Safety Audit: HD19 factsheet
- Accidents by Design: The Holmes report on ‘shared space’ in the UK
- Unity Law Shared Spaces Report: blurred lines
- Homezones gudelines: improving the quality of life of residents by removing the traffic barriers that militate against neighbourliness.
- Access for Blind People in Towns NFBUK publication 2013: This short document provides the information referred to in the DfT Local Transport Note 1/11 Shared Space and Manual for Streets
Traffic engineering and management
- Transport Resilience Review July 2014: A review of the resilience of the transport network to extreme weather events.
- Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD)
- 2015 TSRGD Consultation: IHE response
- Sign Structure guidelines: updated for passive safety and Eurocodes