IHE membership is free for student members, and is the first step to becoming a recognised highway industry professional.
Once you’ve graduated and are working full-time, you can apply to become an IHE Associate Member. As an Associate Member you have the right to use the post nominals AMIHE after your name to signify your registration with the Institute of Highway Engineers.
Students in relevant full-time or part-time education
Students must be studying a relevant engineering discipline
- It’s your free first step into the highways industry
- Free use of the National Highway Engineering Academy
- Industry recognition of your highways sector skills and experience
- Access to a UK-wide branch network with CPD activities for members
- Access to IHE’s network of highways industry professionals
- Access to a comprehensive range of professional IHE services and resources including:
- IHE’s bi-monthly highways news and technical e-newsletters
- One-to-one qualification advice from the IHE
- IHE’s Professional support and guidance
- IHE’s online members area featuring technical guidance, resources and branch events
- IHE’s online technical forums
- Free subscription to Highways Magazine
- Member discounts at over 5,000 businesses across the UK
To join, you’ll need to:
- Fill out our online form by clicking the button below.