The Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) welcomes the announcement of the scheme details making up the £1.3 billion made available in the Chancellor’s Autumn Statement last week.
- £925 million to tackle congestion and provide upgrades on local roads
- £175 million to improve the 50 most dangerous roads in the country
- £220 million to Highways England to combat congestion
- £27 million for the Cambridge to Oxford expressway
- 6 local major schemes to better journeys
In addition, the Transport Secretary, Chris Grayling:
- awarded £50 million to build the Lincoln Eastern Bypass
- announced development of 6 further local major schemes
- allocated £70 million for 2017 to 2018 to fix potholes
A full breakdown of funding can be found here.